And Gut Health
How to cope with stress in the 21st century
Stress makes us dumb, sick, and promotes premature aging. Gut health and effective stress relief matter more than ever for keeping resilient and fit. Did you know, that stress is one of the biggest enemies of your gut microbiome? Mindfulness-based stress reduction plays a major role in integrative medicine. A healthy belly meets a healthy brain. Boost gut health, fuel your mind, and prepare for higher resilience, to be ready when hard times hit. Let mindfulness-based stress reduction & microbiome-friendly food keep you smiling!
Table of Contents
Crisis - a chance!
Hi, I am Judith Eppacher, the "working mom next door". For two decades I have been "juggling" family, work, and lifestyle. As a mother, I often reached my limits, particularly during the years as a single mom.II experienced feelings of fatigue, especially after completing energy-consuming projects. Constipation has always been an issue for me, despite a relatively healthy diet.In the past, I was often tormented by a bloated belly. Not to mention the hormones! Occasionally, during challenging times, my hormones went out of whack. This sometimes led to sleep disorders and brain fog. Fortunately, I started early on to proactively increase my resilience. Today, I feel stronger than ever and I use crisis to "grow" and become more flexible and resistant.
Gut Health - Hormones - Immune System - Mind
Today I know: everything is connected within our nervous system…
- your hormonal balance
- gut health
- the physical and mental fitness
- your feelings
- the immune system.
What does gut health have to do with your feelings?
The gut seems to be the “Mecca” of our health. Over recent years, there has been a huge leaps in knowledge concerning the microbiome and its connection to our emotions, feelings, and mental clarity. You can find more about the intestinal-brain connection on the gut-brain-axis and the mind.
Proud mother of two awesome sons
The art of mastering life successfully
Become more resilient
The demands we have to fulfill today are high. The term “resilience” is used increasingly. In our context, it stands for the ability to withstand pressure. The German biohacker, Anja Leitz, describes the term as “antifragility” as such:
Why do I write about resiliency and stress relief?
I don’t see myself as a biohacking super-woman. I am not writing from the point of view of the perfect mother. That woman, who looks like she rocks job, family, home and garden with grandiose ease. I also admit that my life has been very busy over the last twenty years. I have felt exhausted and burned out more than once, but that has led me to gain precious life skills. Today, it is easy for me to convert sudden fatigue or “blues” into positive life energy. I bounce back quickly and stronger. Simply speaking, I have become more resilient.
My past experiences have taught me how to get more out of life. Today, I know how to remain resilient even in difficult times. And if I ever stumble, I know how to get up, adjust my “crown”, and carry on. That is exactly why I share hacks and tools that can help you better master your everyday life.
4 hacks for handling life with ease and joy
- Consciously support your circadian rhythm for more energy, mental clarity, and balance. Quality of sleep and insulin balance plays an important role too.
- How can you consciously integrate healthy nutrition into your hectic everyday life? Simple and creative meal prep solutions can help. Find more information on this at Wholefood recipes for the gut microbiota.
- What can help you overcome anxiety and deal with stress? Despite the hectic pace of work and the demands of family life, you can effectively integrate breathing techniques, movement, and mindfulness exercise into your everyday life. More about this on Stress relief for busy women.
- No impact without conscious behavior change: how can you develop the long-term habits to actually implement these helpful suggestions? Effective habit hacks help you to actually implement all these smart tips and tricks in your everyday life.
- Clarity about your goals:
- What motivates you?
- What makes you thrive?
- What is your intention?
- What is your purpose in life? For me, a sharp mind, energy, and vitality are my most essential assets for enjoying life fully.
‘Belly to brain’ or ‘brain to belly’?
belly2brain stands for the connection between physical well-being and mental fitness.